Building A Solid Foundation is a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization based upon the Twelve Steps To Recovery. Our commitment to provide shelter and services to the homeless, drug, and alcohol addicted people of California has never been stronger.
From San Diego to Oakland, we humbly provide three distinct programs. There is a recovery center for men, a recovery center for women, and an urgent shelter for women and children. We provide these programs, with your help, in San Diego, Fontana, Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Oakland.
Our clients are homeless and addicted to drugs, alcohol, or both. Our mission is to service the immediate needs and social development of those recovering from addiction
. We aim to achieve this by:
- Offering spiritual sanctuary - Daily Bible study, church on Sunday, and motivational guest speakers.
- Managing their recovery process - 12 step program, relapse prevention, and random testing.
- Providing their immediate needs - Food, clothing, shelter, and transportation.
- Developing them socially - Public interaction, reading skills, social manners, and purpose.
- Reintegrating them successfully back into society - Money management, goal setting, and goal achievement.